Five Recommendations will be a recurring feature that ranges from websites to books to the proper cooking method of crack cocaine...
1. Badass Digest - Quite possibly the greatest thing to happen to movies since Ray Harryhausen. Led by Devin Faraci, this arm of the great Alamo Drafthouse (which I have had the pleasure to experience) is truly THE go to site when it comes to all things film.
2. This is not porn - A fantastic collection of rare, behind the scenes photographs of everyone from Bob Dylan to Richard Kiel himself.
3. Prelude to the End of the World - I had to...right? I know it looks bad but I promise it'll get better and better. Stop judging and help me out you goddamned beast!
4. Christopher Hitchens on Slate - The death of Christopher Hitchens was a blow to the gut felt but once before. His writing lives on.
5. Netflix - If the price increase has soured your taste on access to thousands of movies and tv shows instantly to your television, you might want to rethink your priorities, have a drink, and enjoy WHAT NO ONE ON THIS PLANET HAS EVER ENJOYED BEFORE: Access to almost every film currently available in print, and some not.